Aaron woke up at 6 A.M. this morning, ready to go vote! He was sick with congestion and a fever and didn't really feel good, but he was eager to do "his" duty. He's anxiously watching the results coming in with Daddy.
One of the most precious memories of this day happened late in the evening when the votes were being counted. I was watching the "election map" online and keeping up with the stats. Things weren't going the way we thought they should. I turned and looked behind me and there I saw Aaron kneeling on a cushion. When I asked what he was doing, he let me know he was praying for the election. Wow, how's that for compelling from an almost 4 year old? John walked in at that time and we had to join him. He learned and is learning some big lessons through this and we are too!We are reminded in Romans 13 that GOD is the one who establishes authorities and that we are called to respect and submit to them. Proverbs 21:1 tells us that a "kings heart" is in the hands of the Lord and that He guides him. Psalms 33:10 reminds us that God is in control of "the plans of the nations." In vs 11 it states, "...the plans of the Lord stand firm forever, the purposes of His heart through all generations." We are called to TRUST in Him. I love the writings of David in the Psalms. The last part of chapter 33 says, "But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love, to deliver them from death and keep them alive in famine. We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in you." I could go on and on with encouraging verses that reveal God's truth to us. I am so grateful that God is Sovereign and that we have His Word that we can rest in.
No comments:
Post a Comment